Monday, September 12, 2016

Delish


My husband and I had been wanting to try the island's newest restaurant, Sushi Grand, all summer. After our trip to Japan in back in 2000, we discovered we both really enjoy sashimi and sushi. Since good sashimi isn't exactly common place in Northern Michigan we were pretty happy to hear about a sushi place opening on Mackinac.


The kids, on the other hand, weren't so sure. "It's raw? Mom, are you sure it's safe to eat?" Except for the udon noodles, they both eyed the slices of sashimi with the, I'd-really-rather-not-put-that-in-my-mouth face.

Dutifully, the kids tried every dish we ordered. My daughter's assessment: "Crunching those little fish eggs was satisfying, but sushi's not my favorite." My son liked the cooked eel roll, but not the raw fish.


My  assessment: if you like sushi or are an adventurous eater you'll love Sushi Grand. The presentation was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was wonderful. We'll definitely eat there again, though we'll probably only make it there once a summer as a special treat given the cost.

No comments: