Friday, January 9, 2015

What a Difference a Day Makes

This was yesterday: gray, cold and windy. Not exactly a good day to spend even a little bit of time outside. 


Today, however, was sunny and beautiful. Sure it was still cold, but there's just something about sunshine that almost always puts me in a good mood. 

As you can see, things are getting icy up here. The boat has been going around the North end of the island and the word on the street is that the ferry will probably shut down this weekend, but only time will tell. Luckily, we're in good shape; both of our freezers are overflowing...

2 comments:

Allie said...

Those pictures did nothing to help me warm up, Liz, lol - I know what you mean about the sunshine, it just automatically lifts your mood, even if it doesn't help the temps at all.

Suzanne said...

I have to open up the curtains during the Winter to let the Sunshine in...not warm, but the light always lifts my mood.