Monday, November 30, 2009

Resistance is Futile

Last weekend my husband spent some time cleaning out the basement. (Hooray.) I was surprised when he brought his collection of Star Trek, excuse me - new and still in the box Star Trek, action figures upstairs. In the 13 years A and I have been married I've seen those things out of their trunk once. I was really surprised when he started opening them and giving them to the kids to play with. Apparently, they aren't particularly valuable so hubby decided he'd give them to the kids.

According to my son new "guys" to play with is a good thing. I think it's a good thing the basement is a wee bit cleaner and, of course, that my son now knows what Klingons are. Qapla!*

(For you non-Star Trek fans out there, Qapla (pronounced k-PLAH,) means "success" in the Klingon language. They use it as a salute in a greeting or farewell.)

7 comments:

Marcia said...

Now, that's the way to really use that "treasure". As we become more technical, I'm just not sure how much this next generation will value these old things. I bet the kids were thrilled! Bruce and I just rented the new Star Trek video. Have you seen it yet?

Valerie said...

Blogging in Klingon, you're a gal after my own heart!

Loralynn said...

What little boy wouldn't love Worf!!! How cool that your Hubby gave them to your son! Live long and prosper!

Allie said...

Oh mercy - I think my hubby would rather die than open anything NIB! He insists it's all for the boys' retirement. *ahem*

stitching under oaks said...

I'm glad my husband didn't see this...he's such a treky! I'm sure your kids enjoyed the new characters!

olivia said...

boys and their toys, we've got some old (new in box) toys tucked away too :)

Anonymous said...

I few years ago my husband sold all of his "slightly used" Star Wars figurines on eBay for about $80 to a guy who was going to give them to his son to play with. As long as they were out of my house, I was happy!

PS: Love your mittens!