Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Tried...

Over the past few days I've tried to get a few good shots of the kids in their costumes, but I haven't been very successful. I did get a few cute pictures, but they all include S or K's face. Great for grandma down in Indiana, but not so good for blogging.


Since I'm not posting photos of their faces online, and several good friends has shared with me that my "blurred face" method was creepy*, I just couldn't find a creative yet faceless way to show the outfits and include the head pieces. Which, in the case of K's Gingerbread Man costume, is one of the cutest parts! So, while the the photos may be boring, they do show most of the costumes. Of course, now that the photo is posted I realize I forgot to include the mittens with the Gingerbread Man, but oh well. They're just solid fabric that matches her little suit. It is usually cold here at the end of October, so mittens are very important. I also made the costumes a full size too big. That way both kids can wear warm clothes underneath and people can still tell what they are. There's nothing worse than having to cover up your cool costume with a winter coat. Plus that way the fox costume should still fit S for the costume class competition in the Horse Show next summer...


I also made S and K treat bags. They didn't show up too well in the photos, but the fabric is covered with little gingerbread cookies. (I was so glad JoAnn's put out their Christmas fabric early.) The bags look adorable while the kids are trick-or-treating and then after Halloween they make great storage bags to keep all the parts of the costumes together. I often lend out old costumes, so having a way to keep all the parts together is a good thing.

I hope you all have a wonderful fun-filled Halloween! Let the sugar rush begin...

*Thanks for the input M and A. I really do appreciate it!

14 comments:

zakkalife said...

both of the costumes are adorable, even if the children are not in them

I usually have my kids look down or to the side when I take pictures, might be an idea.

Simply Stork said...

I love the shots of the costumes...they turned out great!

~simply~

Maggie said...

So adorable, Liz. You are making wonderful memories for S & K!

Marcia said...

Those are great costumes. They'll be good "dress up" clothes when Halloween is over. What great memories they will have.

Anonymous said...

You are an impressive seamstress! Love the costumes.

Anonymous said...

So cute, Liz! Great job. It's funny what different things you have to think about for Halloween in your part of the country...warm clothes under your costumes...great idea! Here I'm just hoping it's not too hot for my boys' long sleeved spider costumes!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Liz! Great job. It's funny what different things you have to think about for Halloween in your part of the country...warm clothes under your costumes...great idea! Here I'm just hoping it's not too hot for my boys' long sleeved spider costumes!

Amy Jo said...

Those are adoreable!!! I'm sure they look even better on the kiddos!!

Tara said...

Matching storage/treat bags... you are too organized! :-)
These are really great costumes, they truly have a story book quality to them.
Happy Halloween!

Mum-me said...

I love both the costumes. I think that's a great idea to make them bigger so they could wear warm clothes underneath. Hope you all have a great Halloween.

cinnamongirl93 said...

The costumes are wonderful. You did a beautiful job on creating them for your childeren!

Anonymous said...

These costumes are looking super cute. Its really great that Joann put out their Christmas fabric early.

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes

Betts said...

It's so hard to keep the kiddos warm when in costume. Luckily, we had a warm-ish night for October in Vermont. Hope you hard work was appreciated.