Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh Darn!

Is there anyone else out there who darns socks? I managed to fix three pair tonight. I find it relaxing, plus it makes me feel like watching TV isn't a complete waste of time. And it saves money... If heavy wool socks cost an average of $7.00 a pair, then I just saved myself $21.00. (Can you tell I am a math teacher?) I always use a different color when I fix them again - that way I can keep track. The light blue pair on the left has been fixed four times! (There is a light green repair that didn't show up in the picture.)

1 comment:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

haha I darn our socks too. I was going to blog about it. It saves money, plus My hubby loves that I'm so crafty. I like using different color thread too, but mostly so I can see what I am doing. I have bad eyes and hate wearing my glasses.